Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Reviewed: Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum

I recently finished a hair serum- the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum, to be exact. I got it for about $7.99 from Shoppers Drug Mart. It lasted me about 6-7 months or so. 

Here it is: 
image via dove.ca

I liked this product. The main ingredient is cyclopentasiloxane, which is a type of silicone. I did some minor googling, and it generally seems to be a safe ingredient (though there is some debate, of course). It also has coconut and almond oils. Anyways, because the main ingredient is a silicone, it does feel very nice and smooth.  I used this both on wet and dry hair, and only the bottom half/third of my hair.  It gives my a hair a nice sheen, but it doesn't look greasy. It definitely helped contain the frizz in the summer months. I think the price point is good, especially when you compare it to the price of Moroccan Oil (though admittedly, the Moroccan Oil has more product). It lasted me a long time, especially because I would only use a small amount, and only when I would wash my hair (every 3 days).

As a serum, I don't think it did anything to actually make my hair softer..it just made it feel softer. But then again, I didn't expect it to. That's what I use my coconut oil masks for :) 

I would definitely repurchase! (update: I already did!)

Deema xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers