Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reviewed: Lancome Bright Expert

This is a finished product review, but I do have to make a disclaimer that this wasn’t a full sized product. I got this deluxe sized sample when I bought something from Lancome a few months ago. This sat in the bag for a while before I thought to try it. It’s a decent size (15mL), and I’ve only been using a small amount at night (not twice a day like the bottle recommends) because I knew that this would be expensive and I wanted to make it last. So I made this 15mL sample last me about 6 months (I can't exactly remember when I started it, but I know it was probably mid-end of winter). I thought that it was all done in July because no more product would come out, but then I just cut open the bottle and put what was left in an old l'Occitane jar. I got another month's use out of that. I find that impressive, so excuse me while I just pat myself on the back. That being said, I feel myself licensed to give this a proper review, since I’ve used it for so long. Also, the full size is only 30mL so I guess it would last me a year if I were to repurchase it. That being said..it is $75 (CDN…$70 US I believe). That is..expensive. Especially for my student budget. 

On to the review! This is a very light weight, 'almost feels like a gel'-like moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin pretty quickly, so you can put your moisturizer on top. I used it after cleansing and toning my face. I never had any issues with breakouts or skin irritation with it, even though it does have fragrance in it so that might be a problem for those with sensitive skin. It also has parabens..two kinds...eek! It has yeast extract and ellagic acid as its skin brightening ingredients; the efficacy of which has not yet been totally proven. And yet...
This product has done wonders for my skin. Right before bed, I put a very small amount (pea size) on the back of my hand and then dab my finger and put it on my acne scars (about three small areas on my face). If there is any left, I apply it to the rest of my face. In the morning my face looks brighter and more radiant. Also, my acne scars have really faded. This is literally the only product that has made any change at all with my acne scars, and  I’ve had them for years and have tried many different products. However, these results took time. The acne scars did not start to fade after the first use. I’ve used this for 6-6.5 months now.  And I just started to see a difference about 2-3 months ago. So patience here, is key.

That is why..I’m going to repurchase this in the full size. I know. I KNOW. It’s way too expensive. But I’m really happy with the current condition of my skin and I don’t want anything to change, so I’m going to bite the bullet and buy it. Also, I’ll continue to use it once a day..working out my costs to about $0.21 a use. Doable, I think. Maybe I’ll use my Shoppers Optimum Points…hmm..

Second disclaimer here... Just because this product worked for me, does not mean it will work for you. Your acne scars might not improve. I know, it sucks, but everyone’s skin is different and I would hate it if you paid full price for this on account of this review and then found that it did shit all. Just a quick google search or a peruse through the makeupalley reviews will show you that this is a slightly controversial product in terms of results.  So go to a Lancome counter and ask for a sample and see how it works for you. 

Best,
Deema xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers