Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

A face scrub worth spending money on?

Hey all, 

here with a finished product to review.  This time it's a face scrub.  Specifically, Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub.  It is bits of peach seed powder suspended in a creamy base. 

Scrub your skin peachy clean.
http://www.burtsbees.ca/natural-products/face-exfoliants/peach-and-willowbark-deep-pore-scrub.html

I (over) paid $14.99 for this at Shopper's Drugmart.  But the Canadian Burt's Bees website has it priced at $12.99.  Go figure, Shopper's would be a rip off.  Anyway, I used this every other day in the shower on my face for three months until it was gone.   That works out to $0.33 per use.

Well, I sort of liked using this product.  It had a nice, peachy smell.  I found the creamy base quite nice and softening on the skin.  In the shower anyway.  I read on makeupalley that people who applied this over this sink found that it left a residue.  Shower application is the way to go, people. 

Now, I wouldn't say this product was a miracle-worker in terms of exfoliation.  The peach exfoliator bits were rather few and far between.  I had to slop on quite a lot of product to get enough exfoliators on my face to feel like I was sloughing off all the dead skin cells which needed to be buffed away.  I also don't think this was a gentle exfoliator, because the peach bits were rough.  If you have sensitive skin I would avoid this.  

Would I repurchase this?  Nope!  I don't think that spending $60 a year on this for the rather minimal results would be worth it.  It was a pleasant product to use, but not worth the money.  

cheers everyone, 
clara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers