Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Naturally You herbal mint gentle exfoliating scrub

Hi all,

here with a finished body scrub to review.  I used up the Naturally You Gentle Exfoliating Scrub in the scent herbal mint.  Here is an image of the product:  


This bad boy contained 200 mL, cost $5.99 at Loblaws (a Canadian supermarket chain) and is found in the organic food section.  I used this every other day for a little under two months which works out to about $0.25 per use.  Pretty reasonable.  It was also paraben and SLS free.

Will I repurchase this product?  No.  The exfoliators in this were little pumice bits, which feel like sand.  They  were gritty and obviously didn't dissolve which I personally didn't like.  I think it'll be sugar or salt scrubs for me from now on.  The pumice bits were suspended in a creamy base (not an oily one) which did NOT smell like "herbal mint" but rather, like some sort of lemon cleaning product.  I generally hated that - but if I was super hot and grimy and gross then it did feel oddly satisfying to scrub away with something that smelled like Mr. Clean.  

This product did an average job of exfoliating - but I missed the essential oils, dissovling particals and delicious scents of scrubs I've used in the past.  This was not a holy grail scrub, but any means.

cheers, 
clara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers