Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

face of the week feat. mac (lots and lots of mac) and some benefit

Hey everyone,
here again with a face of the week for you.  This week I tried to find ways to use a green (or antiquey gold depending on how you look at it) colour from l'oreal which I have.  I opted for this combo:

open!

face;
-maybelline instant age rewind eraser for dark circles - 60 brightener
-vichy dermablend cosmetique corrective - 15 opal
-mac mineralize skin finish natural - medium
-clarins bronzer - mosaique (lim, ed. 2011)
-mac blush - mocha (LOVE)

eyes;
-benefit creaseless cream shadow - tattle tale
-mac eyeshadow - patina
-l'oreal eyeshadow quad - 320 greens (I just used the bottom left shade no. 3)
-mac pencil - coffee
-prestige mascara - my blackest lashes
-clinique browkeeper - honey

whatever lip product I wanted from my makeup bag!

the look:


and closed:


I swept the benefit creaseless cream shadow over the lid and then blended mac's patina over that.  I blended the green by l'oreal into the crease for definition.  I finished the eye with a brown liner (mac's coffee) and mascara.  And WOW the patina/creaseless cream shadow combo had amazing lasting power. 

something I realized this week: when you wear green shadow you must, MUST, take the time to get the redness out of your skin.  So my vichy concealer was working overtime!  Watch out and be sure to apply sunscreen as a sunburned lobster face would make the green eyeshadow pop.........a little too much.  A colour combo only santa would be into.

cheers everyone,

clara

1 comment:

  1. I love this look :)I need to start experimenting with eye shadow more, as I love the colours, I just don't know how to use them! I'm more of a lipstick/lipgloss girl. xo

    http://domandellie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Followers