Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Swatched and Reviewed: Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder in 02 and Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Luminous Liquid Bronzer

Here are two products that I am no where near being close to finishing, but I thought they would be useful to show since its just about summer time and everyone seems to be reaching for their bronzer to get that sunkissed look. I recently purchased these after I finished my Rimmel Natural Bronzer. You might just say these were a step up..

Guerlian Terracotta Bronzer in 02 and Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Luminous Liquid Bronzer:

pics in the grass

The Guerlain bronzer comes in 8 shades (00-08) so it should be easy to find a shade that works for your skin tone. The one I have is in 02. This is very pigmented and has a slight shimmer that I normally don't like in bronzers, but this just looks gorgeous on my skin in the summer. You have to be very light handed with this bronzer because you will pick up a lot of product with just one dab. I was heavy handed with the swatch so I could show just how dark this bronzer can go, but you can always go lighter (as I often do). It has a soft texture, blends beautifully into the skin, and it never looks cakey.


It is 0.35 oz of product, and it is $56 (CDN) at Sephora. I know this is steep for a bronzer, BUT I honestly think that this will probably last you a long time because you don't need as much product every time you apply.

swatch of Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in 02

The Estee Lauder liquid bronzer is very different.

swatch of Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Liquid Bronzer



As you probably can tell, this is a liquid bronzer. In the bottle it looks VERY bronze and shimmery. Are you quivering in fear yet? Do not fret, this product rocks and it is actually very easy to apply. The only thing to keep in mind is less is more. You just need the smallest amount to get a beautiful sunkissed glow all over. Start small and build your way up. Because this is liquid you have to be a touch more careful then if you were working with a powder. In the above swatch, I put an amount that I would use to bronze my WHOLE face. You really don't need much. Obviously if you want a more bronzed effect you can use as much as you like, it's all personal preference. Here is is blended out a bit.



Keep in mind this is a lot of product and I'm just blending it out in one small area. It blends beautifully into the skin and it gives a gorgeous glow. It says its one colour fits all, but honestly I see this working the best with medium to darker skin tones. Not that people with fair skin  can't use it but you would have to be a bit more careful. I think if Estee Lauder released a slightly lighter version it would just be a touch easier for everyone.

This product is seasonal I think. In that it comes out with each bronze goddess collection that Estee Lauder puts out each year, but its not technically permanent. Get it while you can!

$28.50 at Estee Lauder

Best,
Deema xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers