Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

Another finished product review. This is the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. Sephora describes this as a 'cult classic'...sure? Anyways I got the smaller size (1.5 oz/50 mL) and it is $22 (CND) at Sephora.

I had a little bit left in the container so I took a pic so you could see the consistency.

 Its kind of weird looking, no? Its a weird thick, stiff texture right out of the tub.


 Basically, you take a small amount of the product (it says 1-1.5 teaspoon but it really depends on the length/thickness of your hair) and rub it in your hands until it becomes an oil and then you work that into your hair until its completely covered. Comb through your hair and let it sit. You can also blow dry your hair at this point, apparently that activates the product faster? I'm not sure if thats legit or not, I did it once but didn't notice any difference. How long you leave it in is up to you. The container said 20 minutes, but I usually left it in overnight.

The breakdown:

1. The smell is..distinctive. You either love it or you hate it. It's incredibly strong. Hard to explain really, but has a kind of earthy, herbal kind of smell. I've read reviews where people think it smells like cigarette butts? Ah..I don't really think thats true at all but scents are one of those things that are different for everyone. All in all, I didn't really overly mind the smell. If you just left it in for 20 minutes I don't think it would be that big of a deal. However, I left it in overnight and so that got kind of annoying.

2. Washing it out is not that hard. There are lots of people claiming that it is really hard to get out all of the product when you're in the shower. I would rinse it out, put in conditioner, and then shampoo, and condition again. I had no problem with excess oil/lingering scent.

3. Price. This is a little pricey for such a small container. I have long/thick hair. I had to use quite a bit of product so this little 50mL tub didn't last that long.

4. Efficacy. Let's be real, this product isn't going to 'repair' your split ends. Because that's impossible. The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. However, this product made my hair incredibly soft, shiny, and healthier looking. I was incredibly happy with the results, and I got many compliments on my hair while I was using it.

All in all, I like this product. I would repurchase if it wasn't so dang expensive! Its just not practical when I have to use so much for just one treatment. That tub is small for the price point.

Best,
Deema xx

2 comments:

Followers