Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation

Here's a review of a product I finished (relatively) recently. And when I say finished, I mean finished. I was scraping the last ounce of foundation from this bottle. As a result, there was nothing left to swatch- sorry!

pic courtesy of bourjois.co.uk


I bought it in the shade 53 and there are 6 shades in total to choose from. I think I lucked out because 53 was the perfect colour match for me.

 To be honest, when I went out to buy this foundation I thought I was getting the original Healthy Mix Foundation but surprise- I ended up getting this by accident. I'm actually pretty happy with that mixup because this foundation was truly great. I needed a 'winter' foundation because I was getting too pale for my summer foundation (Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua) and I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money. This was bang on. First off it was under $30 (CDN). It has medium coverage, but buildable. It looks and feels very natural, and has a subtle dewy finish that doesn't read oily (even though I have normal/dry skin, I don't want a foundation that is overly shiny). I had no problems with breaking out/dryness from using the foundation. It claims to last about 16 hours and though I've never tested that out on purpose..there were a couple times I came home from a night out and was too 'tired' (lol) to take my makeup off but when I did awake from my slumber I was pretty surprised to see that my foundation was still relatively intact. So there's that.

It comes with a pump, and I don't know if it was just my bottle but mine was crap. About half way through the bottle it just stopped pumping out product so I would have to take it off and pour it out. This eventually led to me scraping off the product when it got pretty low. Not that big of deal, and it really could have just been mine.

It says that it's a serum/gel texture but honestly I didn't find that it felt any different than any other foundation. It has a lot of claims of anti-fatigue and radiance boosting but I really don't know I experienced either of those things. However, it's still a great foundation that I would gladly repurchase next winter.

Best,
Deema xx

2 comments:

  1. Ever since I heard that Bourjous was made in the same factory as Chanel I've been even more keen to try it out! This is now on my list LV x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't know that either! xx

      Delete

Followers