Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Maybelline Great Lash BIG - a review

Hey everyone,
here again with a another finished product review.  This time we'll be exploring the merits and faults of one "Maybelline Great Lash BIG" - a mascara I picked up for a whopping $4.50 (CDN) at Shoppers Drug Mart about six months ago, and have used every day since.  Here is a picture of it:

Maybelline Great Lash BIG, all finished up


Here is a picture of it on the eye:
maybelline great lash BIG mascara


Closed eye:


Wand:
Maybelline Great Lash BIG wand - nice & big



All-in-all, I really did like this product.  I liked that this is a "wet" formula.  Wet here meaning that the mascara took a while to dry on the lashes, but did not make them crispy.  Its wet formulation also made doing second coats (a Clara must) a breeze.  There was NO FLAKING (Hallelujah!).  I hate flaky mascaras (looking at you, Rimmel Sexy Curves).  I got the colour blackest black and yep, it was black.  There was no scent to this product, and while I'm neutral about scented mascaras, you might not be.  I didn't notice any transferring or anything like that.  This mascara is definitely NOT waterproof.  However, it lasted well throughout the day.  After like 12 hours of wearing makeup, the only remaining bits would be a dash of mac paint pot, liner and this stuff (bravo!).

Would I repurchase?  Yes I would.  I like the big wand better than the normal wand which comes with the Great Lash mascaras.  The price is phenomenal and the no-flaking aspect is great.  I'm now using Prestiges' My Blackest Lashes and will let you know how that goes... When it's finished, of course.

Cheers everybody,
clara xx

1 comment:

  1. One of my all time favourite mascaras - especially for the price! xA

    ReplyDelete

Followers